The ideal candidate will have experience in National Training (Preparedness) programs, emergency related resiliency planning or similar emergency management/preparedness capability.
This position starts at a salary of $101,176 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Region 2 team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will The primary purpose of this position is to manage and track all regional training requirements. Responsible for administering FEMA funds spent by State and Local governments on training events, conferences, and seminars in support of the agency mission. . Typical assignments include
- Planning, developing, monitoring, evaluating and managing all regional training requirements to include course or a cluster of courses related to current emergency management and Homeland Security doctrines.
- Serving as training manager, instructor and/or facilitator in delivery of course curriculum.
- Analyzing and reviewing FEMA training and education guidance and policies and providing subsequent policy recommendation concerning the direction of the overall Regional Training and Educations Program including development, deployment and evaluation.
- Participating in national level meetings and curriculum advisory committees to develop guidance, guidelines and policies for the national training programs.
- Serving as curricula committee member to recommend new courses or revisions to existing
25% or less - Up to 25% travel may be required for the position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558889400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.