This position is located at one of the various Indian Health Service Hospitals or Clinics under the Navajo Area Office. The primary purpose is to function as a radiologist with responsibility for interpretation & evaluation of diagnostic radiologic procedures, fluoroscopic exams, special procedures, roentgenograms, Computed Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), mammography & sonographic exams to patients involving a full range of difficult & unusual cases within the specialty field.Learn more about this agency
This position will support efforts related to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Determines what radiologic examinations are necessary for accurate diagnosis
- Prescribes x-rays for specific body areas to be taken by technologist and coordinates roentgenological services with other medical activities
- Administers radiopaque substance to render internal structures and organs visible to diagnostic x-ray or fluoroscope screen
- Evaluates findings correlating them with other examinations and tests. Records diagnosis in patient's record and forwards to attending physician
- Serves as a consultant to other physicians to interpret radiologic findings and assists in determining nature and extent of diagnosis
- Participates in teaching activities for the clinical staff, residents, practitioners, physicians assistants, and technicians to improve technical skills
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558830300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.