This position is located at one of the various Indian Health Service Hospitals or Clinics under the Navajo Area Office. The primary purpose is to provide comprehensive nursing care services for the outpatient departments with a variety of injuries and illnesses.Learn more about this agency
NOTE: This is an Open Continuous announcement; applicants will be referred when vacancies occur.
This position will support efforts related to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Develops individualized patient care plans or participates in patient care planning which involves the assessment and evaluation of patient needs, a determination of the nursing procedures and practices to be included.
- Interviews patients and family members and consults with attending physicians, other staff members to determine and evaluate the kind of health and physical care needed
- Reviews and interprets findings to distinguish between normal and abnormal conditions. (Ambulatory care during screening/triage).
- Carries out treatments and emergency or other procedures required; administers medications; observes and documents patients' conditions, changes and reactions to medications and medical treatment.
- Maintains health records by documenting observations, nursing interventions and therapeutic measures administered
- Record observations, nursing interventions, therapeutic measures and other relevant patient care data.
- Provide nursing services to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual and socio-cultural needs of the urgent and critically ill patients and family.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558827000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.