This position is located at one of the various Indian Health Service Hospitals or Clinics under the Navajo Area Office. The primary purpose is to perform a variety of responsible nursing care procedures requiring professional nursing knowledge to evaluate nursing needs, conditions, treatment and education of Obstetric/Gynecology, Labor & Delivery, Women's Health patients.Learn more about this agency
NOTE: This is an Open Continuous announcement; applicants will be referred when vacancies occur.
This position will support efforts related to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Perform professional nursing duties in the obstetrical ward for patients in the labor and delivery areas, post-partum to discharge including newborns from birth to discharge
- Develop patient care plans or participates in patient care planning for safe care of patients during antepartum, labor and delivery, post-partum, obstetrical triage and for the newborn nursery
- Observes and assesses patient's condition, collects and interprets data from patient history and physical assessment and decides appropriate nursing action to be taken
- When physician or midwife is not present, initiates pre-planned emergency nursing measures to ensure the well-being of mother and baby, i.e., sets up operating room, serves as circulating or scrub nurse, newborn resuscitation and assessment, maintain professional caring attitude
- Administers therapeutic measures, i.e., medication administration, intravenous fluids, blood transfusions and treatment etc. Consults with attending physicians, midwives and other staff members to determine and evaluate health care needs
- Participates and actively supports in development of standards of care and quality assurance measures. Teaches family, patient on newborn care with social, emotional, education, cultural, spiritual and physical support.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558644900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.