This position is located at one of the various Indian Health Service Hospitals or Clinics under the Navajo Area Office. The primary purpose is to provide the requirements of the full range of professional nursing proficiency in Intensive Care Units (ICU) at the Hospitals and/or clinics. Consults with physician on medical problems not covered by the protocols of care or within scope of training and capability.Learn more about this agency
This position will support efforts related to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Initiates treatments, medication, emergency and resuscitative measures based on appropriate standing orders and protocols
- Administers therapeutic measures as prescribed by the physician
- Observes and assesses critically ill patients' health status by physical assessment, examination and interviews patients
- Provides nursing care to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual and cultural needs of critically ill patients
- Operates and monitors specialized equipment
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558642800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.