This position is located at one of the various Indian Health Service Hospitals or Clinics under the Navajo Area Office. The primary purpose is to provide care in the Operating Room (OR) with a full range of nursing proficiency. Assess patients with a variety of critical conditions requiring surgery or other medical procedures, administer medications, operate specialized equipment and respond appropriately in emergency situations.Learn more about this agency
This position will support efforts related to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Observes and assesses patient's health status and critically ill emergency patients by physical assessment and examination
- Initiates treatments, medications, emergency and resuscitative measures
- Administers therapeutic measure as prescribed by the anesthesiologist, physician and surgeon
- Operates and monitors specialized equipment in operating room or same day surgery
- Collaborates with members of the surgical and multidisciplinary teams
- When called in for emergency surgeries after hours, holidays or weekends, functions as a team leader and supervises movements and action of other team members. Total independence is exercised and accountability is at maximum
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558642100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.