This position is located at one of the Service Unit Hospitals or Clinics under the Navajo Area Indian Health Service, in the Division of Clinical Services. The primary purpose of this position involves performance of diagnostic, therapeutic, and obstetrical/gynecological services. Serve as a technical expert in the specialty area of OB/GYN.Learn more about this agency
Note: This is an Open Continuous announcement to fill permanent positions. Applicants will be referred when vacancies occur.
This position will support efforts related to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Establish monitoring mechanisms to evaluate and maintain quality OB/GYN patient care.
- Interviews and examines patients, reviews past medical history, and request or performs diagnostic tests and examinations deemed necessary to obtain all possible information related to each case.
- Gives total patient care including prevention, health maintenance, early diagnosis, treatment and follow-up services.Instructs and counsels patient as required.
- Provides full obstetrical delivery service including the complex high-risk case of obstetric patients. Performs deliveries including cesarean section, induction of labor, etc.
- Performs major surgical operations as well as advising other physicians in other services concerning surgical or potential surgical case.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558635700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.