This position is located at one of the Service Units under the Navajo Area Indian Health Service, in the Division of Nursing Services. The primary purpose of this position is to provide comprehensive level of monitoring and administration of nursing care, therapies and treatments. Evaluate the nursing needs and develops individualized plan of care.Learn more about this agency
Note: This is an Open Continuous announcement; applicants will be referred when vacancies occur.
This position will support efforts related to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Performs professional nursing duties in the care of medical and surgical for patients whose condition warrants specialized care of a wide variety of injuries and illness.
- Assesses and develops an individualized nursing plan of care through interview, reviews patient's health record and consults with physician, determines and evaluates appropriate type of physical, emotional, spiritual and cultural care needed.
- Administers therapeutic measures as prescribed by physician to include but not limited to medication administration, intravenous fluids and blood transfusions treatments and maintains those measures taken on an ongoing nature.
- Records observations, nursing interventions, therapeutic measures administered and status of coordinated activities between nursing and other professionals.
- Maintains professional knowledge and proficiency in nursing practice through continuing education for unit specific certifications of Basic Life Support (BLS), encourages Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and other recognized certification. Attends meeting, in-service, in-house and outside workshops.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558632100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.