This position is located at one of the Service Units under the Navajo Area Indian Health Service, in the Division of Nursing Services. The primary purpose of this position is to perform comprehensive professional nursing duties by assessing patients conditions, evaluate nursing needs of patients, developing a plan of care, implementing and modifying it as needs changes.Learn more about this agency
Note: This is an Open Continuous announcement to fill permanent positions. Applicants will be referred when vacancies occur.
This position will support efforts related to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Observes and assesses the patient's clinical condition, collects and interprets data from the patient's history and physical assessments including labs and screening data.
- Assess and treats minor health problems, such as colds, impetigo, cuts and bruises according to standing orders.
- Administers therapeutic measures as prescribed by the physician to include, but not limited to medication administration, intravenous fluids, blood transfusions, and treatments.
- Teaches and educates patients and families on available resources and coordinates appointments with social, emotional, cultural, spiritual, and physical support.
- Maintains professional knowledge and proficiency in Pediatric nursing knowledge and practice through continuing education to include; Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS), attends staff meeting, outside workshops, and/or professional nursing conferences, participates in preceptorship, and orientation of new personnel.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558630600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.