OIG is ranked as the #1 agency in HHS by the Partnership for Public Service's "The Best Places to Work in the Federal Government" 2019 ratings.Learn more about this agency
For more information about the HHS Office of Inspector General, go to http://oig.hhs.gov/.
This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Office of Inspector General, Office of Counsel to the Inspector General.
ResponsibilitiesThe incumbent will be responsible for performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Contributing to the appropriate handling of the OIG's whistleblower disclosures and retaliation complaints by advising the OIG Hotline, OIG Office of Investigations (OI), and Whistleblower Protection Coordinator on such matters;
- Providing legal support to OIG investigators and staff on whistleblower retaliation investigations, Office of Special Counsel (OSC) referral investigations or audits, and other administrative investigations;
- Conducting legal analysis and review of reports of investigation for whistleblower retaliation, OSC referral and other administrative investigations.
- Serving as a liaison with the litigation branches of the HHS Office of General Counsel (OGC) when the OIG is involved in litigation related to its whistleblower reprisal investigations or administrative investigations;
- Serving as a liaison to OSC, OIG employees, and HHS stakeholders on OSC referral investigations and compliance requirements under various Federal whistleblower laws, rules and regulations.
- Advising OIG employees on audit, investigation, evaluation and inspection matters related to whistleblower protections and whistleblower retaliation;
- Advising OIG employees concerning requests for information or testimony from OIG employees (Touhy requests) and representing the OIG during interactions with third parties concerning such requests;
- Advising attorneys in OCIG as well as criminal investigators in the OIG's Office of Investigations (OI) on matters related to with respect OIG and grand jury subpoenas;
- Advising OIG employees on access to information issues relating to documents held by HHS and other Federal government agencies, state local and private sector entities or individuals;
- Training OIG employees on whistleblower protections and retaliation matters, and assisting in outreach efforts to HHS Operational or Staff Divisions on whistleblower issues;
- Advising and assisting the Whistleblower Protection Coordinator, and other OIG stakeholders, on responses to HHS employees, contractors and grantees regarding whistleblower protections and rights against retaliation;
- Advising the OIG on policies and procedures related to whistleblower disclosures, retaliation complaints and investigations, and administrative investigations.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558586600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.