Serves as Earth Science Data and Information System (ESDIS) Principal Software Engineer responsible for systems or processes for ingesting, archiving, processing, and distributing data; tracking costs, schedule, technical constraints, and status of meeting the user requirements of Earth Science systems. Responsibilities include assessing the approaches, designs, and asset utilization; and providing input to performance evaluation of any contractors developing or supporting science data systems.Learn more about this agency
- Provides overall technical insight into the development and management of policies, procedures, and operational schedules necessary for science data systems and functions.
- Performs pre-project planning duties, such as concept development, master integration planning, and programming design for projects, taking into account feasibility, costs, and economics.
- Oversees installation and roll-out of new science data systems with national impacts.
- Restructures and re-orients immediate and long-range goals, plans, and objectives to meet project requirements.
- Ensures that delivered products and services meet project requirements and customer needs.
- Directs or manages the implementation of science data system development projects of national or international scope, including the establishment of long-range agendas and the development and/or design of large, new, and unusually complex systems.
- Facilitates technology transfer activities and ensures that the most effective innovations are integrated into the science data systems.
- Develops broad resource requirements, policies, procedures, budgets, and development/operational schedules for assigned science data system projects.
- Ensures that the development of software and technical documents are on time and within budget.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558553800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.