See below for important information regarding this job.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a senior advisor /consultant for regulated / hazardous material matters to the DLA Aviation Commander; Engineering Directorate Director; Chief, Hazardous Information Programs Division; and various branch chiefs and personnel.
- Assesses the complexity of hazardous information flowing into various workflow inboxes to determine trends in procurement actions and to determine fair and equitable work loading on three division branches.
- Creates and implements complete and regulatory-compliant standards for hazardous material information records which will be input into the Hazardous Material Information Resource System (HMIRS).
- Develops, implements and executes a quality assurance / quality control (QA/QC) program for the HMIRS program to ensure uniformity, and conformity, of hazardous information.
- Develops, implements, and executes a training program for lower-graded Chemists, Chemical Engineers, and technicians on the standards; SOPs; HMIRS processing; and regulations, policies, and instructions that govern hazardous material.
- Training and mentoring will include leading classes to demonstrate how the HMIRS works and how to process hazardous material information in the system.
- Provides HMIRS technical advice and policy guidance to all military Services.
- Serves as primary technical liaison between DLA Aviation, DLA Headquarters consultants, and regulatory agencies to ensure that appropriate engineering solutions are programmed, designed, and executed for the HMIRS system.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558550400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.