This position is located in Human Resources Management Service at VA Texas Valley Coast Bend Health Care System in Harlingen, TX. The purpose of the position is to apply accepted criteria, principles, and standard methods to resolve a wide variety of employee benefits issues and problems.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides advice and counseling to employees regarding their rights, benefits, and obligations relating to leave, health and life insurance, retirement, workers compensation, permanent change of station (PCS), Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), etc.
- Keeps abreast of changes to the retirement and benefits program and determines potential effect to employees.
- Compiles, coordinates, and prepares reports.
- Coordinates TSP program open season and ensures that information is disseminated to the workforce on a timely basis.
- Provides assistance and counseling to the workforce regarding the TSP program.
- Conducts health benefits open season for employees in an appropriate timeframe.
- Administers the Federal Employees Group Life Insurance, Health Benefit, and Thrift Savings Plan programs.
- Counsels employees and annuitants concerning rights and entitlements to employee benefits.
- Examines retirement applications filed by employees to compute employee annuity and survivor estimates pending final OPM adjudication; decides whether documentation is adequate to establish entitlement to an annuity, whether there is sufficient information to compute an interim annuity amount, and whether the conditions necessary to permit release of payment are satisfied; determines
the amount of retirement contributions, refunds of contributions, payment, and repayments needed for service credit and whether the requirements for payment of a survivor annuity or lump sum are satisfied.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Alternate schedule may be necessary to meet the needs of the organization.
Telework: Not available.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Specialist (Empl Benefits)/PD740-00405-0 and PD740-00404-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This is NOT a Bargaining Unit position.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. Occasional travel within/outside the Health Care System.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558501100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.