This position is an Advanced Practice Nurse (Nurse Practitioner) located at the Red Lake Service Unit, Division of Medical Staff Services, Red Lake MN. This position reports to the Health System Administrator.Learn more about this agency
- Analyze and interpret patients' histories, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses.
- Develop treatment plans based on scientific rationale, standards of care, and professional practice guidelines.
- Diagnose or treat acute health care problems such as illnesses, infections, and injuries.
- Prescribe medications based on efficacy, safety, dosage and frequencies.
- Counsel patients about drug regimen and possible side effects or interactions with other substances such as food supplements, over-the-counter (OTC) medications, and herbal remedies.
- Educate patients about self-management of acute or chronic illnesses, tailoring instructions to patients' individual circumstances.
- Involve the knowledge of human behavior and performance, individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological methods; and assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558489900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.