Position reports to a Supervisory Nutritionist/Dietitian or Health Director in Hospitals and/or Clinics. Position helps plan, coordinate, implement & evaluate community-based nutrition care, education & promotion of services, assists with the provision of services, development & implementation of innovative programs through collaboration with Dietary Services, Health Promotion, Public Health Nursing, Diabetes Clinics & other departments & programs to meet the needs of the communities it serves.Learn more about this agency
Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you losing consideration for the job.
- Asses community nutrition needs; evaluate nutrition services in the Service Unit and reservation communities.
- Recommend policies, procedures and program.
- Establish long and short-range objectives, set priorities; plan methods and evaluate progress.
- Participate in the development of Health Promotion/Disease Prevention Programs.
- Provide technical consultation to professional and allied health staff of Indian Health Service, Tribal and community, schools and institutional settings.
- Work with other health care professionals in the development of appropriate culturally specific nutrition education materials.
- Cooperate with personnel of other health agencies and groups serving the Indian population to coordinate Service Unit nutrition activities and programs.
- Prepare special and periodic reports and performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558432800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.