Office of Career Development and Assignments, Bureau of Human Resources. The Senior Level Division is responsible for the assignments and counseling for all senior level Foreign Service officers , more than 2,400 employees, including officers at the Career Minister, Minister Counselor, Officer Counselor, and FS-OI levels.
If eligible, applicants to this announcement may be referred to other positions in other Bureaus/Offices in the Department.
Telework is possible and at management discretion.Learn more about this agency
- Recommends and implements overall policy for the Director General in the management and assignment of Department personnel and Presidential Appointees to the Department's highest positions, both career and non-career.
- Serves as the Liaison with the other U.S. government foreign affairs agencies whose officers serve as Chiefs of Mission.
- Analyzes and develops guidance on complex transfer and assignments logistics, communicating this information directly with employees, posts, and bureaus in a timely manner.
- Provides expert advice on HR policies. practices, and procedures to retired career members of the Foreign Service recalled into active duty into the Foreign Service.
- Advises management on developing and maintaining the proper balance between organization strategic plans and goals and HR development programs.
- Provides individual advice and guidance and conducts formal briefing and/or training sessions for FSOs on topics including bidding procedures. training needs, per diem, and/or travel funding.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558429000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.