About the Position: Services as the Chief Vertical Construction Section, supervises, controls and is responsible for accomplishment of all the district's structural, architectural, mechanical and electrical engineering work and preparation of specifications performed in conjunction with the military construction, and Interagency and International Support (IIS).Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for the structural, electrical, mechanical and architectural, designs, studies, and investigations prepared by the branch.
- Establishes overall design outlines for projects including modifications and maintenance of existing projects.
- Obtains technical support from other engineering specialists in civil, cost, environmental, geotechnical and hydraulic/hydrological engineering.
- Exercises supervisory, administrative and technical control over employees in grades GS-9 to GS-12.
- Performs long-range and day-to-day planning, making work assignments and adjustments necessary to accomplish mission.
- Allocates resources, tracks progress and expenditures, manages changes and revisions to work, and ensures work is accomplished on schedule and within budget.
- Coordinates in-house and contract input with those in the section and others on the PDT to ensure timely interrelated efforts
- Reviews products completed by subordinates or contractors to ensure requirements are met and objectives accomplished.
- Resolves minor grievances and complaints from subordinates and takes minor disciplinary actions, obtaining advice from appropriate specialists.
- Annually reviews subordinate positions for need, efficient organization of duties and accuracy of job descriptions.
- Interprets and conveys employee matters pertaining to policy, safety, incentive awards, training, health, career opportunities, EEO, and similar matters in support of HQUSACE, and DA programs and objectives.
- Directs, instructs, and confers with Architect-Engineers (A-Es) engaged in design.
- Supervises the review of contractors and manufacturers drawings for equipment, design, and installation related to architectural, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558264100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.