The incumbent serves as an International Broadcaster for the Central Africa Service, with responsibility for conceiving, planning, researching, writing and broadcasting original audio/video scripts of a highly complex nature and for providing Internet content for websites and other digital media platforms.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Writes, shoots, and reports original news and/or feature stories and conducts interviews for the Service for radio, television broadcast, and web publication.
- Prepares integrated, highly-targeted, well-balanced scripts and production elements for broadcast and/or Internet publication.
- Translates, adapts and writes Central News packages and scripts from English into Kinyarwanda or Kirundi for radio and television broadcast and web publication.
- Regularly generates story ideas and conducts original reporting in-person and by phone, working with the service's news, web, radio and television editors and reporters to shape a final product.
- Uses digital-media content management system or other systems to produce full web packages including text, photos, video and audio.
- Uses social media platforms to generate story ideas, monitor trends, identify sources and interact with audience members.
- Applies VOA editorial standards and practices to the editing of service-originated reports, feature programs, interviews, and other program material.
- Performs all other similar/related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558250800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.