The mission of the VA police officer is to serve and protect Veterans, patients, employees, contractors, volunteers, affiliates, visitors, and others who frequent VA facilities. This is accomplished through crime prevention activities, typical law enforcement actions, emergency response capabilities, special training and tactics, and weapons, equipment and systems utilization, and Veteran Centered Policing.Learn more about this agency
This is an OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT and will remain open until October 01, 2020. The initial cut-off date for referral of eligible applications will be February 20, 2020. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis and qualified candidates will be considered at regular intervals or as additional vacancies occur on an as-needed basis until positions are filled.
1. Ensure a safe and secure environment across VA.
2. Patrol VA facilities, identify situations where criminal activity has occurred or is about to occur, assess danger & threats, & take proper recourse, including taking statements, making arrests, & conducting short & long-term investigations.
3. Ensures compliance with & enforces a full range of Federal, state, territorial, and/or commonwealth, county & municipal laws, ordinances, rules & regulations.
4. VA Police Officers may be assigned to all segments of VA within their area of responsibility. These properties may be dispersed over a wide geographical area. Incumbent may be required to routinely patrol out-based locations.
5. The incumbent performs miscellaneous minor duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: 8:00am-4:30pm (Rotating according to standard PANAMA Schedule after first two weeks)
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Police Officer/PD04061A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: May be authorized for highly qualified candidates
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558174000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.