THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a IT SPECIALIST (CUSTSPT) (Title 32), Position Description Number D0269000 and is part of the IL RRB, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Applications will be pulled at the request of the hiring official and in the order received.
As an IT SPECIALIST (CUSTSPT) (Title 32), GS-2210-7/9, you will provide customer support to users of supported information management systems. Responsible for assisting customers with the resolution of problems encountered. Identifies the nature of customer problems, to include loss of service, impact to the customer and the customer's expectations/needs for a resolution. Provides help desk services to customers by serving as a primary point of contact for problem resolution or direct inquiries.
Major Duties - This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Serves as a technical specialist on all automated systems utilized throughout the state.
- Analyzes customer problems and researches database for possible solutions or tasks the appropriate subject matter expert or section capable of resolving the problem.
- Participates in site surveys in order to verify adequacy of software installation practices and operating environments are compliant with desktop and network security standards, and network operations to ensure customer needs are met.
- Provides instructions to customers on accessing data, processing, space utilization efficiencies, and program recovery techniques.
- Installs and maintains hardware devices supporting a broad range of information systems employing multiple network and local operating systems and highly sophisticated client server software.
- Configures a wide variety of devices requiring diverse interfaces and device drivers in multiple operating system environments using a wide variety of hardware platforms.
- Provides familiarization training for users of new equipment and software as required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558169800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.