This position for a Regional Commissioner and is located in the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Office of Field Operations, Boston Regional Office.
This position is outside the bargaining unit.
This is an interdisciplinary position and may be filled either as a Supervisory Economist or Supervisory Statistician (Economics).Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides executive leadership for management of all BLS regional programs. Plans, formulates, develops, and executes region-wide programs and policies to carry out the mission and objectives of BLS and provides executive direction to subordinate organizational elements within the region to assure appropriate program emphasis and accomplishment of priorities.
- Directs staff, primarily through subordinate managers, coordinating and administering BLS programs and activities in accordance with BLS national office policies. Develops, plans, and directs executive management and administrative activities.
- Manages field programs coordinating regional BLS programs with the nationwide activities of national office administrations, divisions, and offices within BLS and with other Federal agencies, such as ETA and OSHA, which have programs in the region related to or affecting the regional BLS programs. Maintains professional liaisons with key executives of other public agencies, including municipal, State, and Federal agencies, as well as with officials of business, industry, private research agencies, universities, management and labor organizations, trade and professional groups, and the press.
- Participates in the formulation of new or revised BLS policies and long-range plans and objectives to be applied nationwide. Bases policy recommendations or procedural or administrative changes in national programs on personal observations of trends taking place in the region, on information developed during personal contacts, and from observations made in monitoring administrative matters related to program execution in the field.
- Provides executive leadership and overall management of human resources within the BLS region.
25% or less - Occasional travel may be required.
15 - This position is at the full performance level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558130700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.