Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This Supervisory Public Affairs Specialist position is located in the Media Relations Branch, Media Operations Division, Public Affairs (PA), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). As a Supervisory Public Affairs Specialist, SV-1035-J, your typical work assignments may include:
- Serving as Field Manager, providing oversight on all TSA media relations including the development of public affairs guidance, press releases, statements, op-eds, story pitches, communication plans, and other initiatives.
- Functioning as a subject matter expert responsible for guidance, advocacy and articulation of the Office of Public Affairs position in the development and revisions of TSA communications with the media.
- Directing on-camera and/or on the record interviews with primarily local and trade media publications and at times national media about sensitive, complex and potentially crisis situations.
- Serving as the internal expert to the agency's top management officials participating in the formulation and articulation of an overall plan integrating the public affairs issues of an agency.
- Providing advisory services to other public affairs specialist in the agency on issues involving the application of communication practices in developing or enhancing public affairs matters.
- Developing and maintaining agency policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and key performance indicators and metrics to monitor and evaluate program performance.
Supervisory duties include: Serving as a first line supervisor for the organization providing guidance and support for day-to-day operations. Assigning work, setting priorities, and reviewing and evaluating work and performance of subordinates; approving leave; coaching and developing employees; recommending corrective or disciplinary actions; assisting in budget planning and projecting short-term needs; managing projects within assigned resources; resolving routine problems that typically impact the objectives of the organizational unit; when required, coordinating with customers outside the immediate organization.
This position is also being announced through Public (US Citizen) procedures under Announcement #HQ-PA-20-689051-P. Candidates who wish to be considered under both Public (US Citizens) and Government-Wide procedures must apply to both announcements.
**** It is anticipated that all TSA Headquarters personnel within the Washington, DC metropolitan area will begin relocating to Springfield, Virginia beginning Summer 2020. If you are selected for a Headquarters position currently located in this region, your duty location will change due to the TSA Headquarters Consolidation Plan. *****
Occasional travel - Limited travel required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/557939800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.