This position is in NASA's Pathways Intern Program which provides students with the opportunity to explore NASA careers and gain meaningful developmental work experience.Learn more about this agency
This job announcement will be considered closed at 11 p.m. Central time on either the date that 100 applications are received or the closing date listed above; which ever occurs first.
- As a Pathways Intern at JSC, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to our continued work of providing business management support to major programs;
- procuring ground and flight hardware; planning and preparing organizational budgets; conducting financial audits and planning, awarding, and managing contracts.
- You will work under the guidance of and assist business professionals with progressively responsible duties, which are related to your academic studies.
- Examples of possible assignments include:
- Verify information and enters in standard forms and schedules; and extracts budget/financial/accounting and program data from records, forms, and reports for use by co-workers.
- Use automated systems to find, review, or change data in transaction files, ledgers, accounts, summary reports, and financial statements.
- Function in situations where applicable laws are clear and well defined by precedent interpretation.
- We are seeking students who have a core foundation of logical reasoning, with the ability to learn quickly, pay attention to detail, communicate effectively, and who work well with teams.
- You will support experienced accountants and will engage in experiences based on your current educational level.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/557883300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.