This position is in NASA's Pathways Intern Program which provides students with the opportunity to explore NASA careers and gain meaningful developmental work experience.Learn more about this agency
This job announcement will be considered closed at 11 p.m. Central time on either the date that 100 applications are received or the closing date listed above; which ever occurs first.
- As a Pathways Intern at JSC, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to our continued work of building a new NASA vehicle to enable human deep space exploration.
- You will work on the operation and development of the International Space Station in cooperation with our International Partners, and work with industry to help foster the commercial space sector.
- You will work under the guidance of and assist engineering professionals with progressively responsible duties, which are related to your academic studies.
- Examples of possible assignments include:
- Develop robotics hardware and software that will support missions beyond low-Earth-orbit;
- Test materials, propellants, and spacecraft systems;
- Work with our International Partners;
- Contribute to groundbreaking development work related to crew health, safety and performance;
- Participate in Human Factors design and development studies.
- We are seeking students who have a core foundation of logical reasoning, with the ability to learn quickly, pay attention to detail, communicate effectively, and who work well with teams.
- You will support experienced engineers and will engage in experiences based on your current educational level.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/557881600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.