Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.
For additional information about the BLM, please visit Our website.
This position is located in Sacramento, CA. Information about area can be found at Sacramento Chamber of Commerce.Learn more about this agency
This position serves as a Senior Contract Specialist in the Acquisition and Assistance Section with responsibility to assist the Procurement Analyst in coordinating and executing the day to day functions pertaining to the award of new contracts for acquisition and procurement of supplies, services, and Interagency Agreements. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provides formal advertising and/or negotiating methods of contracting support and guidance to customers and team members.
- Performs pre and post award functions using a wide range of contracting methods and types to procure complex purchases in supplies, systems, services, equipment, and construction.
- Independently prepares acquisition plans, which may include; statement of need, risks, source selection, governmental functions, budgeting and funding, competition, contract types, schedules, and other elements of acquisition planning.
- Makes contractual determinations based on current policies concerning complex issues and/or controversies. Issues and managed contract changes and serves as lead contract negotiator for contract modifications to prime contractors.
- Prepares position on protests and claims and renders or recommends a decision.
The incumbent may be requires to obtain and maintain an appropriate FAC-C level and to hold and maintain a Contraction Officer Certificate of Appointment (COA) commensurate with the workload of the office.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The work is mostly sedentary. Some travel to constructions sites and/pr contractor facilities may be required. Work is normally performed in an office setting. Periodic on-site visits prior to and during contract performance may be required.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel may be required to perform field site visits, attend meetings and training.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/557850500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.