THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a HR SPEC (CLASS), Position Description Number T5035000 and is part of the DE Delaware JFHQ Army National Guard, National Guard.
1. Accomplishes position classification for Army and Air National Guard positions. Classification authority is for the establishment of local exception position descriptions and implementation of standardized/benchmark position descriptions for a variety of professional, administrative, technical (GS-09 and below) and trades and labor (WG-10 and below) occupations to include positions for which no classification or job grading standards exist. Within this authority, assists supervisors in determining the need for an exception position description and classifies the position based upon knowledge of the position and the organization's mission and structure. Endorses requests for the establishment of the exception position description to the appropriate manpower and National Guard Bureau offices. Assists with or implements classification releases and related manpower changes. Ensures timely implementation and initiates action to resolve problems or conflicts. Performs desk audits and makes classification determinations on positions within authority. Evaluates positions by reference to applicable Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Position Classification/Job Grading Standards and National Guard Bureau (NGB) procedures determining pay plan, occupational series, grade and title; and prepares appropriate evaluation statements. Provides advice on classification appeal procedures and furnishes evaluation reports and other required information to OPM/Department of Defense (DoD), as appropriate. (30%)
2. Provides management advisory services. Advises on classification impact when changing or creating duty assignments. Issues dealt with are usually related to a specific request relating to a single problem in the area of classification or position management. Administers segments of a periodic or organizational review program and conducts random desk audits as part of the review process. Advises supervisors and employees on grade determining factors, position design concepts, supervisory ratio, impact on other positions, etc. Ensures position structures achieve the optimum balance between economy, efficiency, skills utilization, and employee development. (30%)
3. Reviews requests for personnel and position actions to determine impact on position classification and position management matters, referring those that are highly complex or controversial in nature to the supervisor for resolution. Coordinates personnel actions with the appropriate HR Specialists, as necessary. Restructures positions to grades below journeyman level for staffing, trainee, and upward mobility purposes. Using appropriate classification standards prepares and classifies statements of differences and amendments to standard position descriptions as required. Responsible for maintaining full-time manning documents. Reviews and updates competitive level codes. (20%)
4. Responsible for input of manpower and classification related transactions into the automated personnel system. Designs and generates reports from the system. Performs quality reviews of information maintained and final products to ensure correctness of data. Researches discrepancies/rejects and works with the appropriate specialist to resolve problems. Assists in the review, preparation and publication of the state's Position Classification and Position Management and EDP/HDP plans. Assists in the review of full-time manpower requirements and documents. Participates in the wage survey process. Assists in the education of managers and supervisors relative to their position management responsibilities through formal classroom and one-on-one training. Maintains necessary reference material including Position Classification and Job Grading Standards, OPM Operating Manuals, NGB regulations, Recruitment and Placement Guides, and other references. (20%)
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/557765900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.