Serves as a lead for the Hardware/Software Engineering Sub Team, AJW-1751.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as a Computer Scientist Team Leader in the Communications, Flight Service, Weather Engineering Group Remote Maintenance Systems Engineering Team.
This position performs multiple, varying and complex assignments under the minimal direction of a manager, project/program manager, team leader, or more experienced technical specialist. Acts as principal technical specialist or as a project manager or team leader for large work activities. The incumbent serves as a team leader on a variety of projects for the agency’s real-time Remote Monitoring and Logging System (RMLS) software, hardware, infrastructure, and database and as such is responsible for technical work supervision and all phases of project planning, task scheduling, task assignment, review and approval of work by subordinate team members. Associated activities are related to RMLS design, development, installation, testing, implementation, evaluation, maintenance, and monitoring.
Typical duties include:
1. Evaluating and analyzing all facets of Real-time Remote Monitoring and Logging System (RMLS) operations and activities associated with the system;
2. Recommending modification, enhancement and problem resolution to the operational systems;
3. Directing and conducting functional verification and evaluating test activities to ensure that developed changes are implemented as designed and comply with RMLS requirements;
4. Reviewing and evaluating Reported Defects and proposed program improvements;
5. Providing support for the planning, development, testing, and maintenance of current and future NAS systems;
6. Applying RMLS expertise in the development of new and improved concepts, enhancements, and techniques for advancing the current systems; and
7. Recommending modifications, enhancement, and problem resolution to support system restorations to the operational RMLS.
As the team lead provides guidance to lower-level staff on how to solve difficult technical issues. Resolves all but unique technical problems without the intervention of management or a more experienced technical specialist. Develops plans, techniques, and policies to address current or anticipated problems and issues. Works with management to jointly solve problems.
Provides support for the planning, development, testing, and maintenance of current and future NAS systems; applies RMLS expertise in the development of new and improved concepts, enhancements, and techniques for advancing the current systems; and recommends modifications, enhancement, and problem resolution to support system restorations to the operational RMLS.
25% or less - The job may require up to 25% travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/557442800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.