This is an opportunity for:
- An internal or external candidate to fill a GS-14 cadre position.
- A Federal Government employee to serve on a two-year reimbursable detail assignment in the ODNI. The detail assignment may be extended an additional year if all parties agree.
*** OPEN UNTIL FILLED: This announcement will be open until the position is filled. Cut off points are scheduled in two-week increments. After each cut-off point, all compliant applications received during the previous two weeks will be reviewed for consideration.***
The Office of the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community (ICIG) was established within the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) by the Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010. The ICIG has the authority to initiate and conduct independent audits, inspections, investigations, and reviews of programs and activities within the responsibility and authority of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI). The ICIG's principal organizational divisions are Audit, Investigations, Inspections and Evaluations, and Management and Administration. The ICIG also operates a Center for Protected Disclosures.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (MDRs)
The Resource Manager is responsible for administering and managing the ICIG's budget and resources, and advising ICIG senior leadership on resource related matters. The ICIG is a relatively small-sized office with a large statutory mandate to provide independent and objective oversight of all programs and activities within the responsibility and authority of the DNI. We are very passionate about what we do - we believe in our intelligence oversight mission and our core values of integrity, independence, commitment, diversity, and transparency. We are looking for someone who shares these core values and will apply them to our mission enabling efforts. If you believe in the mission of effective and objective intelligence oversight, are committed to excellence, and are looking for an opportunity to have a positive and enduring impact on the United States Intelligence Community, this is the place for you.
We are looking for a Resource Manager to apply budget and fiscal-related laws, regulations, policies, precedents, methods, and techniques to the management of ICIG resources through all phases of the federal budgetary process; oversee all ICIG contract activities; and serve as the office's designated emergency relocation officer. You will communicate with the workforce and senior leaders across the Intelligence Community, other intelligence oversight professionals, and other interested stakeholders to plan, manage and coordinate resource requirements across the ICIG enterprise. Critical thinking, excellent technical skills, strong business acumen, and exceptional inter-personal skills are essential in this role. The ideal candidate for this position is well versed in the scope of laws, regulations, and policies that affect the organization's financial and accounting support systems, as well as contracts management. If you are also an outstanding communicator, detail oriented, and forward thinking, we would like to meet you.
The incumbent in this position will:
- Plan, prepare, justify, administer, analyze, forecast, schedule, and sequence timing of actions to effectively coordinate and monitor budgetary, financial, accounting, or auditing activities to ensure cost-effective ICIG operations.
- Plan, manage, coordinate, and integrate work activities, assignments, and projects with managers internal to the ODNI and across the Intelligence Community (IC) to ensure their understanding and the effective completion of initiatives and requirements.
- Interpret and assess impacts of new and revised Executive or Congressional language on planned or existing resources, programs, activities, and mission.
- Collect, research, and analyze comprehensive and substantive financial information that includes budget, financial, accounting, audit, and financial reporting information to develop testimony, briefings, and talking points for senior ICIG leadership, and provide guidance on the preparation of resource requests, reports, or the like to the DNI and Congress.
- Lead the development of financial analyses and provide expert advice and recommendations to ICIG senior leadership and the workforce regarding resource administration.
*See Position Requirements section for the remainder of the Major Duties and Responsibilities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/557434300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.