Provide outreach for readjustment counseling to eligible veterans and family members in the Vet Center program. Readjustment counseling includes individual and group counseling to veterans and family members over issues of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and related psychological difficulties, marital and family issues, substance abuse, employment, military sexual trauma, homelessness, bereavement, and other issues impacting upon a veteran's ability to successfully re-enter civilian society.Learn more about this agency
The duties of the position may include but are not limited to:
- Provides professional clinical services to eligible veterans and family members.
- Provides clinical services and conformance to the policies of Readjustment Counseling Services.
- Complete psycho-social assessment and military history. Develop unique treatment plans and reflect a course of therapeutic intervention that will address the needs identified in the assessment. Review and update plans as necessary.
- Maintain and exercise an effective resource data base to address the needs served by programs external to the Vet Center.
- Identify, maintain and exercise an effective resource data base to address the needs served by programs external to the Vet Center to facilitate referrals.
- Act as subject matter expert to agencies and programs external to the Vet Center in matters of veteran readjustment.
- Responsible for using current resources files of the Vet Center and community social service programs and enhancing the content to the benefits of veterans. Referring veterans as needed to services.
- Acts as an advocate for veterans and family members without fostering dependency and preserving the right of the veteran to exercise choice.
- Provides education or facilitates education to external elements and to veterans and family members on a variety of health topics common to war veterans based on age, injury, or war theatre.
- Coordinates non-institutional and institutional services.
Work Schedule: The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday (8:00 am to 4:30 pm), there is potential for an extended service day (12:00 pm to 8:30 pm) once per week and expected schedules will be discussed during the selection process and may vary depending on the location of the position.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Alternative Work Site / Telework are not suitable for this position.
Bargaining Unit Status: This position is part of the bargaining unit.
Functional Statement Title: Licensed Professional Mental Health Counselor (Readjustment Counselor)
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives have not been authorized for this recruitment effort.
Relocation Expenses (PCS) have not been authorized for this recruitment effort.
Financial Disclosure Reporting is not required for this position.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/557432500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.