About the Position: This position is located at Fort Polk, Louisiana. The surrounding community is comprised of the towns of Leesville, DeRidder, New Llano, & Anacoco. The nearest cities are Alexandria & Lake Charles. The area is considered rural with the Kisatchie National Forest, which offers hunting and recreational activities, located nearby. Also located nearby are Toledo Bend Lake, Vernon Lake & Anacoco Lake for those interested in fishing, boating, swimming, etc.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as Chief of Protocol and principal advisor/consultant to the Commanding General on all JRTC and Fort Polk protocol matters and ensures the highest degree of official recognition is afforded each visitor
- Develops comprehensive command-wide guidance, direction, policies, and regulations governing the protocol program, including planning and orchestrating all types, levels, and locations of visits and events
- Schedules, plans, coordinates, and execute itineraries for distinguished guests for Command special events. Conceives, recommends, and supervises execution of appropriate activities of distinguished visitors to JRTC and Fort Polk
- Directs the formulation of all arrangements for the orchestration of command, social, and official functions. Serves as subject matter expert pertaining to proper ceremonial forms, honors, courtesies, etiquette, and other issues
- Coordinates with FORSCOM, the State Department, the Office of Congressional Liaison, and other state or local government agencies establishing and maintaining working relationships
- Directly supervises four Department of the Army Civilians and a military workforce of four personnel. Assigns and reviews work schedules; ensures requirements are met; approves leave; develops performance standards, and assigns ratings
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/557354200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.