The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
See “Other Information” for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION? The mission of IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
WHAT DOES AN IT Specialist (SYSTEMS ANALYSIS/ APPLICATIONS SOFTWARE) JAVA WE DO? As an Information Technology (IT) Specialist (Systems Analysis/ Applications Software) Java you will use a wide variety of information, knowledge, and tools to address complex system analysis and applications software assignments each day. As an applications developer, the work involves development and testing of software applications on an enterprise server platform; which may include conducting systems analysis, design, development, testing, installation and documentation in support of new or existing software products within IRS organizational components. The work may encompass difficult and complex systems analysis and applications software assignments, development of components of national projects and/or lead significant projects.
As an IT Specialist (Systems Analysis/Applications Software) Java you will:
- Develop or assist other developers with software applications for the PC/Server/Web portal environment, using languages and technologies such as Java, J2EE, XML, HTML, SOAP, SQL, DB2, Oracle, other object oriented language and/or other Web technologies.
- Evaluate and interpret comprehensive change requests and make recommendations to management.
- Plan, organize and/or lead corporate or large-scale studies, projects or team efforts, which include other subject matter specialists, and involve highly technical computer issues.
- Resolve critical issues affecting the configuration of the IT infrastructure and coordinate the demonstration of new and enhanced applications to customers and management.
- Investigate, evaluate and select tools and methods for improving productivity and software quality throughout the life cycle.
- Use applications such as Rational Application Developer for WebSphere, Rational Suite, Relational Database Applications, Erwin, Infragistics, Business Objects, ROBO Help, Adobe Framemaker, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office, and use expertise in policies, procedures, and strategies to plan and deliver IT services.
- Research, evaluate, and report on new and emerging developments in the Internet services area; and recommend adoption of new technologies that will improve the delivery of PC/Server/Web portal environment for the agency.
- Formulate a comprehensive vision for future applications of the PC/Server/Web portal environment to meet agency missions, and develops business plans to align the PC/Server/Web portal environment with business requirements.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month may be required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/557148300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.