The Office of the Inspector General is ranked number 1 in the best places to work in the Department of Justice and is one of the premier inspector general offices in federal government. We are seeking a highly-motivated professional employee with experience in providing superior customer service in support of our mission to detect and deter waste, fraud, abuse, and misconduct is DOJ programs and personnel, and to promote economy and efficiency in those programs.Learn more about this agency
As a Student Trainee, you will work with higher graded staff in support of office programs and activities to gain practical work experience that augments training in an academic course of study.Specific responsibilities include:
- Identifying data required for use in the management and direction of programs.
- Coordinating assigned activities in support of program operations.
- Identifying various resources (e.g. staffing, equipment, etc.) required to support program operations.
- Researching and investigating new or improved business and management practices for application to agency programs or operations.
- Using office automation software to produce a variety of materials such as spreadsheets, plans, procedures, memoranda, letters, charts, database, travel requests, and presentations from rough drafts, type letters, memoranda, reports, etc. from handwritten or rough drafts, marked-up copy, and oral instructions into final, error-free copy. Ensures correct punctuation, spelling, capitalization, and grammar and verifies that the format conforms to OIG regulations, style manuals, and office procedures..
- Assisting in establishing and maintaining an extensive high volume suspense tracking system.
- Answering the telephone and greeting visitors, answering questions not requiring significant technical knowledge, referring the technical questions to the appropriate staff member.
- Performing other administrative and management support assignments.
- Assembling data and using database or spreadsheet software to enter, revise, sort, or calculate and retrieve data for standard reports.
- Receiving and reviewing incoming mail, reports, and other documents for distribution to appropriate staff according to established procedures and knowledge of organization.
- Maintaining existing office files and establishing new filing systems, as needed.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/557098100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.