The Boiler Plant Operator trainee is located in Engineering Service under the Boiler Plant Supervisor at the Fargo VA Health Care System. This position has daily interaction with the Boiler Plant Leader and other Boiler Plant Operators in receiving instruction and oversight of their work as a Boiler Plant Operator Trainee.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesThe Boiler Plant Operator trainee will be required to complete an on the facility job training program. Upon completion of the training, the operator will be able to perform the duties of a Boiler Plant Operator.
- Operation and operational maintenance of single and multiple fuel water tube boilers and associated auxiliary and pollution control equipment
- Trainee will start, operate, adjust, stop, maintain, and perform various operational repairs on single or multiple fuel power boilers.
- Use electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatic controls and zone charts in conjunction with meter gauges and computer generated data to determine adjustments or corrections necessary for proper boiler operations or changing load requirements.
- Analyzed feed water, boiler water, and condensate using standard chemical tests.
- Determine the treatment chemicals to be used to control chemical concentrations, remove impurities and entrapped gasses or stabilize fluctuating water conditions.
- Will be trained to work independently making decisions and judgment regarding boiler operation.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not available
Position Description Title/PD#: Boiler Plant Operator / PD40103A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/557064400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.