The Training Technician provides and supports knowledge-based information services and resources for Health Care System staff, patients, residents, healthcare affiliated students, and other clientele, such as family, in order to meet the mission of the Fargo VA Health Care System, promote organizational and professional performance, and comply with regulatory and accreditation standards. The purpose of the work is to develop competent employees throughout the health care service organization.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but or not limited to:
- Participates in the development, coordination, and implementation of education that integrates interactive learning/simulation training to service line and facility learning plans.
- Works in partnership with Simulation Coordinator, clinical experts, and other clinical subject matter experts to develop interactive learning/simulation and provide technical support to clinical simulation training.
- Prepares and maintains simulation manikins, equipment, media, computers, and materials related to interactive learning/simulation training. Establishes and maintains inventory of supplies and equipment as needed for interactive learning/simulation.
- Prepares for pre-simulation activities by preparing simulation technology and supplies, assisting in documentation of simulations, reviewing lab policies and procedures, obtaining consents, setting up simulation control or audio-visual equipment and troubleshooting equipment and participating in scenarios.
- Performs post-simulation activities such as debriefing playbacks, administering evaluations, cataloging recordings, and returning lab to pre-training conditions, including assurance of the security of the lab environment.
- Develops and maintains a calendar of simulation activities, including specific knowledge of set-up and take-down procedures for the high fidelity, clinical simulation manikins, knowledge of specific scenario supply requirements and time lines; and customer debriefing and education needs.
- Programs, tests, and troubleshoots simulation software scenarios, requiring knowledge and experience with complex computer software and audiovisual equipment.
- Serves as liaison between the center and the equipment manufacturers regarding the proper use of equipment and required maintenance.
- Plans, directs, and implements all non-clinical simulation training programs, as well as supports the Simulation Coordinator, Education staff, students, and simulation program faculty. This requires frequent and effective interfacing with professional, non-clinical staff.
- Plans and conducts analytical studies to determine the learning and training needs of employees of the Fargo VAHCS, including the ability to make thoughtful recommendations to the growth and development of the simulation program.
- Supports/assists in role playing applications, props placement, and moulage set up to create a virtual setting. Sets up training rooms to ensure appropriate equipment and interactive learning tools are available for training.
- Assists experts in scenario development with utilization of manikin software and collected user data.
- Reports, responds to, and resolves customer requests pertaining to simulation center training, equipment, and scenarios.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday; 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Training Technician/PD401950
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/557042300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.