Education Debt Reduction Program: You are eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). You will be eligible to apply for an award up to the maximum limitation under the provisions of the Education Debt Reduction Program. Eligibility to apply does not guarantee acceptance into the program. Award amounts are based on availability of funding. For additional information, please contact Human Resources, extension 6915 to speak with the EDRP Coordinator.Learn more about this agency
Charlie Norwood Veterans Affairs Medical Center is seeking to fill two Registered Nurse (Utilization Management-Case Manager) positions with Nursing Operations. The duties of this position may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competent in the use of InterQual criteria and ability to provide ongoing oversight of utilization review criteria
- Collaborates with Director of Organizational Improvement on determining needs of the program, needed education and training of providers and data collection
- Change agent by communicating, promoting and monitoring compliance with new policies and procedures and by proposing innovative solutions to team needs/conflict
- Collaboration with healthcare providers and leadership to assure quality patient care with placement of patients in appropriate levels of care
- Facilitates medical center committees or task forces for performance improvement initiatives related to UM
- Effectively communicates with other departments regarding the needs of or issues pertaining to the UM program
- Data analysis to identify utilization patterns and trends in practice
- Provide UM consultation and education as needed
- Unique competencies required for this role include
- The ability to motivate and influence staff
- The ability to mediate conflict and facilitate positive solutions
- Strong time-management and organizational skills with ability to multitask
- Expertise in common computer applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, creating graphs, as well as ability to run reports and analyze data
- Knowledge of how to run effective meetings and how to effectively manage projects
- Knowledge of Performance Improvement methods and process, including basic quantitative analysis.- Skill in promoting teamwork and building positive relationships.- Ability to develop programs, processes and policies
- Strong communication skills.- Ability to provide educational programs to staff
- Understanding of UM program, review/criteria requirements, and report requirements.
- Perform and document utilization reviews consistent with national guidance, communicate with the health care team
- identifies and provide patient centered care of high-risk patients
- Proven efficient time management skills.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, Dayshift. May be required to work weekends and holidays as workload demands. Subject to change to meet the needs of the agency.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/557033400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.