What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
This position will assist the executive and the ethics office with administrative duties and over site of the Departmental Ethics office.
As a(n) Staff Assistant within the Office of the Solicitor, Departmental Ethics Office, located in Lakewood, CO some of your specific duties will include:
- Provides quality oversight of all administrative activities of the office, including assurance of compliance with governing regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with applicable Department of the Interior, Office of the Solicitor and administrative policies, regulations and procedures, including coordination related to work performed by administrative staff.
- Reviews and routes incoming correspondence to appropriate staff, and maintains correspondence tracking system.
- Prepares transmittal letters, travel authorizations and vouchers, subject-matter files, administrative reports, briefings, and other administrative documents.
- Develops, coordinates and disseminates administrative communication and work products to internal and external audiences including other offices within the Solicitor’s Office, clients, members of private industry, and other organizations.
- Oversees and maintains accountability for office resources including budget, supplies and equipment.
- Oversees records management in accordance with the established office file management procedures.
- Maintains the property inventory for the Departmental Ethics Office.
- Assists in onboarding and off-boarding new office employees.
- Arranges domestic travel for the office staff by securing transportation and hotel reservations, preparing travel authorizations and vouchers, and preparing itinerary, ensuring that each traveler is aware of the documents necessary for approved travel and Government travel regulations.
- Tracks, verifies and certifies time and attendance for office staff resolving discrepancies with appropriate contacts.
- Researches and develops written products as requested.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556930700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.