In this position, you will be responsible for carrying out the enforcement of jurisdictional, competition, financial, and trade practice provisions of the Packers and Stockyards Act. This is done primarily by coordinating investigative work and directing surveillance and related work pertaining to the Packers and Stockyards Division (PSD) program. Also, you will participate in the development of national policy for use in PSD programs.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Directs and coordinates individuals or investigation teams that perform trade practice, financial, and competition investigations in the assigned geographic area.
- Develops annual and long-range work plans to investigate anti competitive, unfair, unjustly discriminatory or deceptive practices.
- Plans and directs the investigations necessary to ascertain the true circumstances surrounding the transactions and the auditing of the records of persons and firms involved.
- Directs the preparation of materials for use in questioning witnesses and may take the witness stand to testify on aspects of cases.
- Develops an Annual strategic work plan to determine the compliance of the Act and regulations in the assigned geographic area.
- Advise subordinates on both work and administrative matters dealing with duties assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556896300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.