This position is located at the Fargo VA HealthCare System, Nutrition and Food Service, in Fargo, ND. You will perform a variety of food service duties in support of Nutrition & Food and be responsible for accurate assembly, portioning, and garnishing of all items prepared in the salad and dessert preparation area.Learn more about this agency
The major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assembles, portions, and garnishes all items prepared in the salad and dessert preparation area;
- Maintains proper personal hygiene during food preparation and service (including hand washing, etc.);
- Utilizes information from Computer printouts to create the CLC dining room special trays and special trays for serving hospital salads and desserts in the Pod area;
- Places the appropriate foods in the correct locations from service;
- Follows proper sanitation procedures in the preparation and service of cold food items;
- Assists patients in completion of selective menu and choice of the proper foods according to their individual diet during tray pick up;
- Identifies discrepancies between the prescribed diet and the food items designated on the menu;
- Uses the correct combination/measurement of cleaning and sanitizing agents when cleaning equipment.;
- Inventories and orders for daily usage, such items as regular and low salt butter, frozen juices, salt free bread, etc.;
- Labels, covers, stores and dates food according to sanitation practices;
- Washes pots and pans, cleans dirty end of dish machine;
- Delivers and picks up food trays at patient bedside on in the dining room;
- Assists dinner cook in the evening to assemble "hot" special items, gathers utensils in the steam tables;
- Prepares sandwiches for cold sack lunches, labels, and dates with a "use by" dates and discards any food items that have been expired; and Performs other duties as assign.
NOTE: Intermittent employment is defined as non-fulltime employment in which employees serve under an excepted or competitive service appointment without a regularly scheduled tour of duty. A position with an intermittent work schedule is sporadic and unpredictable so that a tour of duty cannot be regularly scheduled in advance. Intermittent positions offer health insurance only if the employee is expected to work at least 130 hours per month for at least 90 days.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556893300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.