This position is part of the Organization of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.Learn more about this agency
As a TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST at the GS-0391-15 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serves as the Information Technology and Communications Advisor in the Joint Staff, Office of the Chairman (CJCS), providing expert advice to the Chairman for their total personal communications program.
- Ensure requirements of NSDD-281 and DoD Directive 5660.3 for Chairman communications are met.
- Provide secure communications for the Chairman with the president, Secretary of Defense, and Combatant Commanders, regardless of the Chairman's world wide location.
- Serves as a principal liaison between the Chairman's office and all offices supporting CJCS Communications (e.g., National Military Command Center (NMCC), Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), and the 89th Airlift Wing).
- Assists the Director with coordination of the work of the staff consisting of 4 civilians and 12 military personnel and is engaged in the day-to-day communications and administrative operations.
- Ensures all necessary communications planning and coordination associated with CJCS travel is conducted, including liaising with Joint Service Provider, the Joint Staff, Department of State Communications Team, Office of the Secretary of Defense Communications Team, White House Communications Agency, USAF Air Mobility Command A-5, USAF 89th Communications Group Communication Support Officers, the National Security Council Communications personnel, and Division Chiefs within DISA.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556882300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.