The Durham VA Health Care System is recruiting for a Registered Nurse, Off-Tour Care Coordinator. The Registered Nurse selected for the Off-Tour Care Coordinator position has the designated authority, responsibility and accountability for management of nursing care units and nursing staff throughout the medical center. This position also serves as the Transfer Coordinator after hours. This job has a scheduled tour of duty of 24 hours per week.Learn more about this agency
The Off-Tour Nursing Coordinator completes a daily staffing report each tour of duty (day, evening and night) reflective of ward census, patient activity and available staff for each nursing care unit/area. Face to face report is required at the beginning and end of each tour. At the beginning of each tour, the Nurse Manager or Off-Tour Coordinator will evaluate workload to ensure that an adequate number and mix of staff are scheduled to meet patient care needs. When staffing is less than the acceptable variance, the Nurse Manager, Off-Tour Coordinator or Service Line Nurse Leader will take action to alleviate the shortage. Actions/alternatives to be considered include the following:
- Utilizing flexible time schedules
- Changing scheduled tour of duty of staff
- Reassignment from another unit
- Utilizing overtime or compensatory time
- Utilizing intermittent part-time staff or fee basis staff
- Controlling workload by coordinating admissions and/or inter-ward transfers
- Temporarily closing beds
- Frequent patient care area evaluations
- Consultant to physicians in patient care delivery
- Works with Administrative Officer of the Day on daily operations
- Act as Incident Command Lead on site for Emergencies and determines disposition of patients
- Registered Nurse (RN) and a graduate from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLCNAC), or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Hold a current, unrestricted nursing license to practice in a state or territory of the United States
Work Schedule: Primary shift is evening and nights during the weekday and rotating through all tours on weekends and holidays.
11:30PM - 8:00AM (night tour)
3:30PM - Midnight (evening tour)
7:30AM - 4:00PM (day tour)
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556801600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.