The basic responsibilites of the position include all supervisory and programmatic oversight for the Boise VA Medical Center's Surgical Service, which includes Orthopedics, Vascular, Urology, ENT, Optometry, GYN, General Surgery, Neurosurgery and Podiatry. The Chief of Surgery will function as the primary advisor to the Chief of Staff and Medical Center Director on surgical programs at the Boise VAMC.Learn more about this agency
The clinical duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring the service functions as an integrated care delivery system, providing full continuum of patient-focused surgical services
- Coordinating and integrating the interdepartmental functions of surgical service
- Providing direct clinical care within your specialty
- Completing medical records and ensuring subordinates complete medical records within a timely fashion and in accordance with current VA guidance
- Providing quality clinical care that follows all relevant Joint Commission requirements, VA Handbooks, Directives, Medical Center Memoranda, and existing Surgical Service Standard Operating Procedures
- Representing the organization, internally and externally, in a manner that reflects positively on the Boise VAMC employees, the Veterans Health Administration and the Department of Veterans Affairs
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: May be eligible for highly qualified candidate
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP): Authorized
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. To participate in the program, you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA Policy 1021 and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services Office.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556771100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.