This Food Service Worker position is located in Nutrition and Food Service (NFS), located at the Aleda E. Lutz VAMC in Saginaw, Michigan and provides regular and modified meals and nourishments daily to U.S. Military Veterans, recruits, Active Duty and eligible beneficiaries.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesThe primary purpose of the Food Service Worker position is to serve meals, prepare and deliver meals, clean and sanitize dishware, equipment and food prep and delivery areas within NES. This position works under the direction of Cooks, Cook Leaders and under the supervision of the Supervisor for all duties required for excellent food production and food service for inpatient Veterans. Duties include but are not limited to:
Work Schedule: 5:30AM to 9:30AM or 10:30AM or 2:30PM, 3:00pm -7:00pm (Monday through Friday and may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Selecting and placing food items on patient trays as they proceed down the tray assembly line according to a regular or modified menu, individual diet cards, or patient selections.
- Identifying obvious discrepancies between the prescribed diets and the food items designated by the menu.
- Deciding what food items to serve for the most common diets when the diet card identifies only the kind of diet called for, such as a liquid diet or diabetic diet.
- Setting up their assigned station on the tray line with the correct supplies and food items, and break down and clean the station after the serving period.
- Providing assistance to cooks in the food preparation area by weighing, measuring, and assembling ingredients according to standardized recipes.
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Virtual: This not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Food Service Worker / 3720-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556702300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.