This position is located in the Office of Policy Research; the incumbent has responsibility for managing U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM) digital broadcast media analytics initiatives, which includes, but is not limited to, regular analytics report creation, data collection, data analyses, project management, contract management, horizon scanning and training, using analytical tools, such as Tealium or equivalent software.
Learn more about this agency
The incumbent guides initiatives to standardize and incorporate best practices into the use of digital media analytics in performance reporting across USAGM, with a particular focus on assessing the impact of digital broadcast media products. The Digital Analytics Manager will be working with multiple parties, acting as a subject matter experts, and guiding them towards beneficial outcomes whether technical in nature or data analyses interpretation. Further, all decisions will be in line with USAGM strategic vision to ensure maximum benefit to internal customers as well as the content consumers on the receiving end.
Manages USAGM digital broadcast media analytics initiatives while maintaining effective partnerships with vendors and cross-departmental relationships.
- Works independently in leading digital broadcast media analytics research and assessment
- Supports data collection through gathering, maintaining, and providing daily, weekly, monthly and cumulative tracking of data from a range of USAGM digital properties, products and services
- Analyzes multi-channel digital usage data from many sources - online and offline, quantitative and qualitative - including segmentation of customers, acquisition sources, survey results, and digital platform analytics data
- Develops data-driven insights relevant to USAGM's digital products and strategies, including providing insights reports, status updates against goals, and actionable strategies for improving or optimizing performance against goals
- Consults frequently and at length with all USAGM research users and technical leadership, including, as appropriate, the relevant language service and division chiefs, network research directors, network digital product leads, and the CMS technical team management during the preparation and requirements gathering phases of standards and analytics tool development,
- Sets standards and guidelines for use of digital metrics in performance reporting
- Verifies and validates all digital performance data used in agency evaluation and performance reporting.
- Supports data forecasting through conducting analysis of historic data to discern trends and generate statistically significant forecasting tools.
- Supports data presentation through packaging relevant data analysis into an easily understood presentation formats for a diverse group of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Provides customer service, support and training for USAGM staff on new and existing technologies and platforms
- Acts as a technical and solution expert in the areas of Big Data Management, Data on Cloud, Azure Big Data Services, AI/Machine learning capabilities
- Serves as agency liaison to the Conference of International Broadcasters' Audience Research (CIBAR) on all digital analytics topics.
- Provides and/or vets USAGM digital audience figures for reporting, such as the PAR and the Budget
- Fields OIG and other queries regarding USAGM digital metrics practices
- Manages projects to improve / upgrade digital analytics tools across networks
- Implements and maintains services / products
- Assesses and maintains current services and tools for performance and other quality control issues
- Obtain and maintain COR certification.
- Develops requirements and implement validation, quality control, and data governance processes.
- Assigns and reviews work to contractors; accepts final work products.
- Reviews invoices and approves payment to contractors.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556678200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.