This position is located in the United States Department of Agriculture, National Agricultural Statistics Service, Research and Development Division, Office of the Director with one vacancy in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
- Develops statistical models for both estimation and prediction, such as predicting yield of row and grain crops throughout the season and providing final estimates at the end of the growing season.
- Serves as Agency representative on selected interdepartmental and intergovernmental committees or subcommittees on statistical methodology.
- Recommends changes or modifications of survey standards and methods used in NASS necessary to ensure acceptable procedures and to meet research and operating objectives.
- Provides leadership on methodological research using mathematical and statistical techniques and methods based on the appropriate theoretical foundation necessary to meet the needs of each project.
- Reviews and evaluates operations of the Division to appraise effectiveness of policies and programs, determines deficiencies, and takes or recommends appropriate action to the Division Director and other senior executives.
- Prepares budget estimates and program proposals for the Branch and justification in final form for the Division Director's approval and submission to the Administrator's fund review.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556669400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.