For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys' Offices, visit www.justice.gov/usao/.Learn more about this agency
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
This position is also being announced under Merit Promotion Procedures under 20-WAW-10697029-MS.
If selected for this position, you will serve as the Manager of the Law Enforcement Coordination (LEC) program for the Western District of Washington. In addition, under the direction and guidance of the U.S. Attorney, you will play a significant role in building and promoting community engagement as part of the Department of Justice initiatives, law enforcement priorities, and crime prevention opportunities.
Typical work assignments will include:
- Developing and maintaining professional contacts in the law enforcement and broader community, including non-governmental organizations;
- Devising an overall strategy to solicit and respond to concerns of all community organizations throughout the district;
- Disseminating grant information to appropriate organizations and providing guidance to interested organizations through briefings, workshops and written media;
- Handling all requests for district involvement in an applicant's grant strategy or funding request, federal grant or otherwise;
- Identifying specific communities and organizations interested in forming partnerships with local and federal authorities to reduce crime and the fear of crime;
- Identifying areas and sources of funding for specific law enforcement and prevention initiatives, including, but not limited to community policing, recreational, educational and gang diversion for youth, and counseling and substance abuse treatment organizations; and
- Reviewing and vetting applicants who have applied for Department grants and analyzing grant applicant strategies to determine if the strategy conflicts with or duplicate's district projects/programs.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556653800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.