You will collaborate with the Director of APHIS, PPQ, QPAS; Assistant Director, Agricultural Quarantine Inspections (AQI) Monitoring, and other staff and program officials in establishing, vetting, reviewing, editing and implementing risk based agriculture quarantine inspection, phytosanitary treatment and safeguarding policies, procedures and program objectives within the organization.Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as National Treatment Policy Manager for phytosanitary treatments; serves as the lead policy representative on the Treatment Cross Functional Working Group
- Serves as regulatory authority over 7 CFR Part 305
- Leads regulatory updates related to 7 CFR Part 305; drafts national policies in consideration of the Treatment Cross Functional Working Group and other ad-hoc working groups
- Provides oversight and establishes minimal criteria to evaluate regulatory change requests; and evaluates regulatory alternatives in accordance with the Regulatory Flexibility Act
- Coordinates with the AQI User Fee Team on the collection and monitoring of Treatment User Fees
- Facilitates topical or decision-point discussion groups as issues and/or crises arise
- Prepares written correspondence, which includes status reports, briefing papers, decision memoranda, position papers, and other management documents
- As directed, represents the Agency at national and international meetings with full authority as subject matter expert concerning the adoption or modification of rules, regulations, and procedures
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556652300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.