This position is located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer, Information Technology Services. The employee serves as the Deputy Director, Information Technology Services (ITS) managing the staff assigned to the immediate office of the Director.Learn more about this agency
THIS POSITION HAS A NATIONAL SECURITY DESIGNATION AND REQUIRES A TOP SECRET CLEARANCE WHICH INCLUDES DRUG TESTING.
APPLICATION LIMIT: This vacancy announcement is limited to the first 100 applications received and will close at 11:59PM Eastern Time on the day that we receive the 100th application, or at 11:59PM Eastern Time on the listed closing date, whichever occurs first.
We encourage you to read this entire vacancy announcement prior to submitting your application.
As an Supervisory Information Technology Specialist, GS-2210-15, you will be responsible for:
- Directs and manages the staff, including Project Managers (PMs), Contracting Officer Representatives (CORs), and Project Management staff providing expert IT acquisition planning and vendor management.
- Supports the the Director and staff in managing the enterprise IT infrastructure and services contracts.
- Advises other IT experts throughout the agency or in other agencies on a variety of situations and issues that involve applying or adapting new theories, concepts, principles, standards and methods in the specialty areas.
- Serves as a senior expert and consultant to top agency management officials, providing authoritative advice to the Director, the CIO and Department senior/executive management related to policies, procedures, requirements, strategic goals, and vendor and and IT services contract management.
- Provides expertise in budgeting for IT operations and maintenance. Develops budget for IT operations, new theories, concepts, principles, standards and methods in the specialty areas.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556623000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.