NOTE: Open to all US Citizens. If you are a current permanent federal employee you should apply to Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): CBEC-10696697-20-APLearn more about this agency
The Homeless Outreach/Residential Contracts Social Worker is a critical position under the Health Care for Homeless Veterans Program. The Homeless Outreach Social Worker will identify and work directly with veterans in a variety of settings both within the outpatient clinic and in the community in shelters, drop-in centers and community housing settings. The Homeless Outreach Social Worker will work to engage the veteran and link him/her to needed services with the goal of psychosocial stabilization and increased residential stability. The Homeless Outreach/Residential Contracts Social Worker develops and monitors residential contracts in the community and serves as the point person for referrals, admissions and oversight of veterans that are placed in these programs, and may also serve as the COTR (contracting officer technical representative) and FCP (fund control point official) for this program.
- Provides outreach, identifying and screening patients for psychosocial needs and provides ongoing case management and follow-up.
- Conducts psychosocial assessments and develops treatment plans tin collaboration with the veteran/family and with the interdisciplinary team and possess the skills to offer psychosocial interventions.
- Coordinates community-based services, including information and referral for additional services from other VA programs, other government programs and community agency programs.
- Identifies high-risk patients and provides case management services.
- Establishes and maintains effective therapeutic relationships with veterans and their families.
- Independently provides consultation services to other staff regarding the psychosocial needs of veterans and the impact of psychosocial problems on health care and adherence to treatment plan.
- Responsible for the developing and monitoring of residential contracts for homeless veterans.
Work Schedule: 8:00am - 4:30pm (alternative work schedules and telework may be available).
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556613400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.