About the Position: Fort Drum, the home of the 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), is located in Northern New York, a historically unique and geographically beautiful area, offering bountiful outdoor recreational opportunities from hunting and fishing to winter sports of all types. Fort Drum is approximately 30 miles from Canada, with the Great Lakes to the west, the Adirondack Mountains to the east, and the St. Lawrence River and Thousand Islands in between.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as the subject matter expert for all protocol matters related to the execution of Distinguished Visitor visits, ceremonies, and other events for 10th Mountain Division, its subordinate units, and Fort Drum, New York tenant units.
- Serves as Protocol Officer for the 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry) and Fort Drum with specific responsibilities for formulating, developing, coordinating, executing and supervising the functions of the Protocol Office.
- Supervises the personnel assigned to the Protocol Office, to include one GS-11 Protocol Specialist and assigned military.
- Publishes the 10th Mountain Division Protocol Guide containing guidance on a variety of protocol matters, to include customs and courtesies of service, social events, ceremonies, escort responsibilities, and proper handling and display of flags.
- Plans, develops and supports the execution of itineraries based upon time and place of arrival, size and significance of the group, background and interests, and integrates the efforts of each subordinate command on Fort Drum.
- Sets work priorities, makes assignments, reviews and accepts or rejects work, and evaluates performance based upon quality, timeliness, mission essential tasks and program objectives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556584400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.