This position is located in Smithsonian Institution’s Office of Smithsonian Facilities (SF), Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR). The incumbent for this position serves under the general supervision of the Zone Facilities Manager, Office of Facilities Management. The employee is responsible for leading building/facilities management functions to include daily facilities operations and maintenance functions for a large complex building.Learn more about this agency
- Plans and carries out building management and facilities operations and maintenance.
- Manages and coordinates all activities relating to the physical operation, maintenance, and in-house repair and improvements of the facilities, their grounds, parking lots, and entry ways.
- Updates, obtains reports, and performs analyses through the use of automated facility management database systems.
- Develops and plans staffing requirements, work schedules, priorities, training, and evaluation of all subordinate staff for improving employee skills.
- Communicates orally and written to provide information, direction, reports, memo and a variety of other documents to a wide range of individuals and organizations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556558800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.